Quality Management Systems
ISO/TS 16949 : 2009 – Particular Requirements for the Application of ISO 9001:2008 for Automotive Production and Relevant Service Part Organizations
ISO/TS 16949 was jointly developed by The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) members and submitted to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for approval and publication.
The document is a common automotive quality system requirement based on ISO 9001, and customer specific requirements from the automotive sector.
ISO/TS16949 was developed by the world’s leading automotive manufacturers. It is based on ISO 9001 and national quality standards within the automotive industry, and can easily be integrated with standards already in use. The standard applies to all manufacturers in the automotive supply chain worldwide – for cars, their parts, components or systems.
Certification to the ISO/TS 16949 quality management system demonstrates both commitment to product quality and compliance to customer specific requirements. The standard provides for a continual process to help find and report areas of improvement of your management system and relevant processes in your business.
ISO/TS 16949 emphasizes the development of a process oriented quality management system that provides for:
- continual improvement
- defect prevention
- reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain
The goal is to meet customer requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Optimum Utilization of Resources.
- Bring result oriented approach.
- Increased Customer & Stake Holder Satisfaction.
- Employee Role Clarity, increased transparency & accountability.
- Effective Systems and Quality Procedures resulting in Streamlined Workflow and Improved Quality of Work.
- Satisfying Customers through Consistent High Level of Product/Service Quality.
- Reduction in Wastage, Rejection and Rework.
- Enhanced Image in the Market.
- Encouragement to Learning, Team Work and Coordination.
- Increase profitability.
- Establish fact-finding mechanism with proper identification and traceability.
- Provide Continual Improvement at all level.
- Systematic approach leads you to commit less no. of mistakes.
- Provide clear idea about your strengths & weakness.
- Provide control methods for measurement and monitoring of processes and products
- Structures the operations of the organization to achieve a desire result
- Improved process and product quality
- Reduced need for multiple second and third party audits
- Increase confidence when bidding for global sourcing contracts
- Improved manufacturing efficiency, impacting the bottom line results positively
- Reduced operating costs
- Consistent quality approach
- Automobile Supply Manufacturer